Sixth Birthday Gifts Australia
What do you get for someone who is 6 years old? Six year olds are off to school, thinking about reading, writing, playing and making friends. At this age, some are more aware of “boys toys” and “girls toys” and the toys that their friends have.
Safety is still important – be careful of bicycles and similar toys unless the child has a safe place to use them away from traffic and other hazards. Make sure sport equipment is well-made.
Suggestions: Imaginative play with puppets and puppet theatre or dollshouses, more complicated jigsaw puzzles and games that require some reading. 6 year-olds may like to help around the house with lightweight tool sets, garden tools or cooking equipment. Art and play becomes more formal with flower presses and craft sets or simple science sets (magnets etc). Pretend and dress-up toys can be used to act out situations they see in real life: playing shop, television characters, etc. Most six year olds are reading so short novels and non-fiction books will be popular. Check to see if they have a passion like dinosaurs, animals or trains.
6th Birthday Gift Ideas
- PeeDee Toys – Melbourne based online toy shop with a large range of brand name and character toys. They also offer gift wrapping, birthday cards and gift vouchers. Flat rate delivery Australia wide. These are just some of their options …
Things for Boys to Make and Do
6 years and over
see more Books
For international delivery, use their sister site, Toys Online.
- Coolthings – Lots of cool novelty gifts for all ages and great for prizes as well as gifts – see their gifts for children. Coolthings are based in Launceston, Tasmania with delivery Australia wide and free gift wrapping.
Wall Art Stickers - Zoo Animals Large
see this and more
Home and Office
- Buy Eco Green supply an amazing range of innovative eco products for home, school, office, and art & craft.
- Art & Craft Supplies includes plant-based paints, bamboo paint brushes, pencils, crayons, recycled art and sketch books, scrapbooks, twine and raffia
- Writing & Stationery bamboo and biodegradable pens, pencils and more – even rulers and protractors made from biodegradable cornstarch instead of plastic and eco-friendly highlighters, whiteboard markers and biodegradable stick tape