What do you get for someone who is 9 years old? This is their last year in single digits and they will have strong interests to suggest suitable presents. Brands matter.
Safety is still important – be careful of bicycles, kites and similar toys unless the child has a safe place to use them away from traffic, powerlines and other hazards. Make sure sport equipment is well-made. Consider the child's ability, or check with parents before giving toys that use mains electricity.
Suggestions: These children are between children's toys and more grown-up gifts. Books, puzzles and novelty gadgets are fairly safe – or check to see if they have any special interests, collections or musical interests. If you know the child well, you could try giving something unusual to try to spark a new interest. Inspire creativity with art and craft materials.
- Booktopia Australian online bookshop with a massive range of fiction and non-fiction books, ebooks and DVDs including lots of Australian titles. Ship as many physical books as you like and save with their flat rate for parcel mail with tracking for anyone with an Australian delivery address. Shipping to New Zealand and international available. See their
- Toy Universe Australian owned and run business delivers big brand and unique toys, games and puzzles for children from birth to teenage years, Australia-wide, NZ and USA from Sydney. See their
- Coolthings – Everything from gadgets and gizmos to soft plush toys, cool lighting accessories and brain bending puzzles. They accept all major credit cards and electronic funds transfer. Based in Launceston, Tasmania with delivery Australia wide and free gift wrapping.
- Yogee Toys is a Sydney-based online toys store with a huge range of stock from many of the major brands. Orders that are fully paid before 1PM Sydney time are dispatched from their Seven Hills warehouse on the same day. Look for things that will appeal to 9 year olds in…
- Silly Gifts add some fun brighten someone's day – give the gift of silliness!