Cat Parties are not just for children. Adults can have cat parties to celebrate their furry friends.
- Games & Activities:
- Colouring in: 0to5 have colouring templates of cats free to print at home.
- Play tag but call it Cat and Mouse. The person who is ‘it' is the cat, everyone else is a mouse. For slightly older kids you could play Marco Polo, but instead of saying ‘Marco' and ‘Polo' the players meow like a cat and squeak like a mouse.
- Pin the tail on the cat or kitten.
- Food & Snack Ideas:
- Make a cat cake: Use a round cake for the body and a smaller round cake for the head, a long banana shape for the tail and cake triangles for ears. To decorate use food colouring to make your child's favourite coloured cat, liquorice laces for whiskers and Smarties or chocolate buttons for the eyes.
- Decorate cup cakes to look like cat faces.
Cat Themed Toys and Gifts
- Booktopia is Australian-owned online-only retail store selling books, eBooks and DVDs. Take advantage of flat rates for delivery around Australia of as many physical books or DVDs as you want in one order. They have an extensive range of Australian books as well as the usual international titles. The Slinky Malinki series by Lynley Dodd (companions to Hairy Maclary) are great picturebooks with dog characters suitable for all ages, and fun to read many times.