Blue is a versatile colour – it can suggest bright blue skies, baby blue, moody blues or midnight blue. So get some blue balloons and decorations (links below) and think of blue activities…
- Sing along, or have competitions to see how many songs you know with “Blue” in the title. Here are just a few to start with… Blue Moon, Blue Skies, Blue Bayou, Song Sung Blue…
- See how many movies or televisions shows people can name – or use one as a dress-up theme. Here are a few to start with… Blue Velvet, Blue Hawaii, The Blues Brothers…
- Blue gifts from Coolthings include Dr Who, t-shirts, gadgets, glow sticks and lots of novelty items.
- More toys – search the shops listed on our pages for babies, toddlers, boys and girls, or in the categories on the right.
Blue Party Supplies
- Costumebox Party Supplies – originally a costume store, Costumebox now has an extensive range of decorations, tableware, party invitations, balloons, cake supplies and more, where you can shop by theme, occasion, colour.
Blue costumes include police officers, whales and dolphins, fairies and princesses, the blue Power Ranger, the blue Wiggle, Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz, and lots more. Search these online shops for blue costumes:
- Costume Box – Fancy dress, make-up, and accessories for kids and adults. Based in Sydney with Australia-wide delivery.
- Costumes.com.au is based in Melbourne and delivers costumes and accessories (including shoes, hats, wigs, party supplies and more) with flat rate delivery Australia-wide. Options for same day to Melbourne metro, order online and pick up from their warehouse in Kilsyth, Victoria.
- See more party costumes for children and adults.
Blue food ideas:
- Blue is a very rare food colour in nature. Lots of foods can be dyed blue but don't expect your party guests to eat much – most people find blue food highly unappetising!
- There are a few blue lollies, including ones that will dye your mouth bright blue!
- Try blue dyed lemonade or blue sports drinks, or cocktails including blue curaçao.