Purple means lots of things to different people – from the colour of women’s suffrage to the “one-eyed, one-horned flying purple people eater”!
- Purple gifts from Coolthings include t-shirts, gadgets, glow sticks and lots of novelty items.
Purple Party Supplies
- Party Products Australia are based in Brisbane and deliver Australia-wide for a flat-fee. They stock purple balloons, purple party hats, purple tablecloths, and more purple party decorations. Colours include: purple, amethyst, lilac, lavender and plum.
Purple is a favourite colour for 60s psychedelic era costumes and loud zoot suits. Other purple costumes include royalty (once upon a time they were the only ones who could afford purple dyes), mermaids, fairies, and purple people eaters. Browse these online shops for purple costumes:
- Costume Box – Costumes, make-up, and accessories for kids and adults. Based in New South Wales with Australia-wide delivery. Browse purple costumes.
Purple Food and Drink Ideas
- Purple coleslaw: shred or finely chop some red cabbage and dress with a vinaigrette or mayonnaise. Add some chopped red onion if you like the taste. Sprinkle with some dried cranberries for an interesting twist.
- Beetroot makes anything purple – bake it, put in a salad, or crack open a tin.
- For purple fruit salad, chop up a selection of purple fruit and mix in a bowl with a bit of fruit juice to prevent browning. Purple fruits include blueberries, blackberries, raspberries, plums, red grapes, cherries. Dragon fruit and passion fruit are purple on the outside.
- Purple jelly: buy a packet of jelly crystals, or for a fruitier version use fruit juice (try grape juice) and unflavoured gelatin — the packet usually has instructions.
- Purple meringues made from egg whites, sugar, and food colouring. Serve with berries!
- Purple drinks include grape juice and juice blends with blueberries or other purple berries. Make purple ice cubes by adding a small amount of food colouring to water before putting in ice cube trays and freezing. Herbal teas, fruit teas and tisanes come in a wide range of colours and can be served hot or as an iced tea.
- Purple alcoholic drinks include sangria made with red wine and a purple fruit juice, and cocktails made with the liqueurs Parfait Amour and Black Sambuca.
See more Gift & Party Ideas by Colour