Marine Animal Party Ideas
- Games & Activities:
- Colouring in: 0 to 5 have marine animal themed templates for colouring in, see sea themed templates. They also have colouring templates of a crab, a dolphin, an octopus, a seahorse, a shell and a whale.
- Pin the fin on the fish.
- Adapt traditional party games with a marine theme. Duck, Duck, Goose becomes Fish, Fish, Shark. Slightly older children can play simple card games like Go Fish.
- If you don't have too many children to look after, or you have help from other parents, take everyone to the local aquarium or zoo to see the real thing.
- Food & Snack Ideas:
- Edible aquarium: Make blue jelly and put gummi fish in it as it sets. You could make single serves in clear cups so you can see the fish swimming in the ‘water'.
- Eat fish fingers.
- Make a cake in the shape of the birthday child's favourite animal. Ideas include fish, sharks, starfish and octopus.
Books & Magazines About Marine Animals & Fish
- iSUBSCRIBE – Save on magazines and subscribe online!
- Booktopia is Australian-owned online-only retail store selling books, eBooks and DVDs. Take advantage of flat rates for delivery around Australia of as many physical books or DVDs as you want in one order. They have an extensive range of Australian books as well as the usual international titles.
Marine Animal Costumes
- Costume Box – Thousands of fancy dress costumes for adults, kids, toddlers and infants for all occasions. Based in Sydney with flat rate delivery Australia wide. See Adults Animal Costumes and Childrens' Animal Costumes and you'll find some fish in there.
- Whale Watching – Whale watching season in Australia varies as the whales migrate north to mate and give birth, and then return south to their summer feeding grounds in Antarctica.
- Hervey Bay annual whale watching season is from August to November with the Hervey Bay Whale Festival held in August. Hervey Bay is 300km north of Brisbane
- Gold Coast Whale Watching Tours from early June to late October.
- Coffs Harbour from June to October
- Port Stephens from June to mid-November
- Sydney whale watching tours from late May to early December.
- Whale Watching WA season in Perth is from early September to mid November.