The spooky theme is great fun for children, and some of us never quite grow out of it. (see spooky parties for adults on the Themes4parties website). This theme is not just for Halloween, it can be used for Friday 13th parties as well, or just any time. Browse down the page for food and party game ideas.
Spooky Parties for Children
Scary movies are a great activity for Halloween and Friday the 13th parties.
Spooky Clothing and Costumes
- Costume Box – Thousands of Fancy Dress costumes for adults and kids for all occasions. Most costumes dispatched within 24 hours. Based in Sydney with Australia-wide and some international delivery.
Spooky Party Products & Costumes
- Costumebox Party Supplies – originally a costume store, Costumebox now has an extensive range of decorations, tableware, party invitations, balloons, cake supplies and more, where you can shop by theme, occasion, colour.
Spooky Party Ideas
Many party game standards can be given a spooky twist
- Mummy Wrapping: divide guests into teams and have them wrap one member in toilet paper. First to finish their roll without breaking it wins.
- Creepy treasure hunt: use plastic bugs, spiders and ghosts
- Apple bobbing: pick up apples floating in water using only your mouth
- Pin the Hat on the witch: variation of ‘Pin the tail on the donkey'
- Pass the Pumpkin: Fill a plastic pumpkin-shaped container with lollies and chocolate. When the music stops, the child takes a lolly.
Spooky Party Food
Spooky parties are a great opportunity to eat strange, gruesome and disgusting foods you cant serve any other time.
- Tomato soup makes great ‘blood'
- Stuff lychees with red grapes to make creepy eyeballs
- Freeze jelly or soft drink in a thoroughly cleaned rubber glove and float in punch.
- Dismembered fingers: Make short-bread dough into finger-shaped cylinders. Pinch dough slightly to form knuckles and draw in lines (to make curling fingers, drape over rolled-up aluminum foil). Bake and cool. Use icing to paste on almond halves for fingernails. Blood red icing for the ends of fingers is optional
- Worms in dirt: put some worm lollies into cups of milo.
- Put sultanas into drinks to make bugs